This role will be responsible for transactional underwriting and functions associated with underwriting risks on behalf of Boston Marine Agency.
- Provide pro-active quote coaching for agents on new business submissions; align and convert referred accounts to new business.
- Review and approve new business, and renewals that fall within underwriting authority and company guidelines. Refer risks that fall outside authority or guidelines.
- Anticipate insured and agent needs and find service solutions.
- Review risk management reports to identify and recommend risk management solutions and requirements.
- Manage book of business as it grows ensuring high quality and profitability of business..
- Collaborate with Distribution, Marketing and Customer Service colleagues to ensure alignment and a consistent customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Previous Recreational Marine, High Net Worth or Personal Lines experience, a plus.
- Able to be a pro-active advocate for Boston Marine Agency customers and are passionate about their brand experience.
- Incredible empathy and understanding of the needs of our customers, both insureds and their agents alike.
- A strong customer service bias with a goal to get to yes. Known for super responsiveness. Able to say no and preserve relationships
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, a communication style flexible to the situation, and able to communicate clearly and with a purpose.
- Calm under pressure, possessing excellent organizational skills, integrity, and follow-through on tasks, able to challenge the norms while working collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- You have a strong sense of accountability, fun and adventure.
- Natural curiosity, a love of learning how things work and always on the lookout for innovative improvements.
- Ability to travel as needed, including occasional overnight travel.
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products.